SAwyer House 1924
The Lowell Inn History
The Sawyer House opened in 1861 and was the center of social activity in Stillwater during its lifetime. It was named after Mr. Henry Sawyer, who started construction several years before it was opened. Albert and Jacob Lowell were hired to manage the hotel and eventually became the owners in 1871. Elmore Lowell, (Lowell Park was named after him) ran the Sawyer house and eventually sold the building in 1924.